Nerd Fitness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best six doctors anywhere And no one can deny it Are sunshine, water, rest, and air Exercise and diet. These six will gladly you attend If only you are willing Your mind they'll ease Your will they'll mend And charge you not a shilling.

2 posters

Shrinking Stomach

Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Shrinking Stomach Empty Shrinking Stomach

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Wed May 20, 2009 3:55 pm

I think this actually is more than just a lame myth. Sunday at the farm, and Monday at Poppy's birthday party, I was definitely full before I had eaten my 'usual' amount (which is to say, a lot). I'm really trying to cut back on the portion sizes (at one time, don't worry) while maintaining my daily caloric intake. It would be awesome if I got full faster without having to worry about everything I was taking into my body. Getting full after one plate of spagetti is awesome!
    Kyrose

Shrinking Stomach Empty Re: Shrinking Stomach

Post  Kyrose Wed May 20, 2009 5:15 pm

Its definatly not a myth. your stomach is made out of a flexible and strechable tissue. Eat less, and it becomes acustom to only needing to strech a certain amount.

Thats acutally one way that Gastric Bypass's fail. People eat and eat and eventualy stretch out thier newly shrunken stomach.
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Wed May 20, 2009 5:16 pm

They only fail people that have a much larger psychological addition than GB's can handle alone. I know a few people they've worked very well for, because people FIND willpower with the help of the GB (sort of like Nicorette).

But yeah, when presented with ridiculous amounts of food, I was barely able to plow through seconds on Sunday and Monday.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am