Nerd Fitness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best six doctors anywhere And no one can deny it Are sunshine, water, rest, and air Exercise and diet. These six will gladly you attend If only you are willing Your mind they'll ease Your will they'll mend And charge you not a shilling.

2 posters

BEDMAS and Wo/Wi

Kyrose

BEDMAS and Wo/Wi Empty BEDMAS and Wo/Wi

Post  Kyrose Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:31 pm

Strength or endurance training are systems. Systems have rules, and orders of operation.

A goal of this forum is to determin the ideal order of operations for both strength and endurance training. A system that works the body completly, and with minimal effort.

Form my experiance, the system that best does this is one that performs multiple tasks at once, and works from largest impact to smallest.

What order we do things in is the key to success. I personaly feel that the most efficient way to do this is to start with the largest muscle groups, and work your way to the smallest. typicaly when working a larger group, the smaller ones are being used as well, so in theory by the time you make it to them, any and all training is a bonus. I've also found that range of motion is a key. Doing exercises that require a greater range of motion tend to hit more regions and be more efficient. Example: Start with hindu pushups, then do standard.

As for cardio, Intervals seem to be the reigning king. Take Tabata for example. simple structure, quick and efficient. 4 minutes that equal 20 of traditional cardiovascular exercise. Its the quickest most efficient way i've yet read of or attempted to drasticly overhaul your cardio.

The biggest goal of this forum is to get inteligent minds thinking about how to best design a workout that takes little time, and provides great results. Please, feel free to give your input.
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

BEDMAS and Wo/Wi Empty Re: BEDMAS and Wo/Wi

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:41 pm

Elaborate on Tabata? Insight?
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:44 pm

Theres a thread on it in the cardio section.
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:47 pm

DOH! I completely forgot what that was called.

Uhm.... I am sleep-stupid?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:40 pm