Nerd Fitness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best six doctors anywhere And no one can deny it Are sunshine, water, rest, and air Exercise and diet. These six will gladly you attend If only you are willing Your mind they'll ease Your will they'll mend And charge you not a shilling.

A Complete Food-180

Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

A Complete Food-180 Empty A Complete Food-180

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:38 pm

I don't know if it's just because I had my first ten days be fairly successful, and I'm riding off of that wonderful sensation of accomplishing something, but nearly all of my bad food habits are gone.

I've been trying for fifteen YEARS to change all of my bad habits, but starting last Monday, when I laid down a couple ground rules on my website, they all stopped. Whenever I wander around the grocery store, I see all of this food that I could eat, and get away with. No-one would EVER know I bought and ate that food. It would be delicious, and I would be sort of happy. I've been doing that for as long as I can remember, but now, I wander around the grocery store, and I look at all this food... and after a quick measure of the calories from fat and carbs, I move on.

It's not that my food habits changed, it's how FAST they changed. Between Sunday night and Monday morning, it was just like a switch flicking on. I don't swig milk or juice at home. I don't eat more than one canned item of food per day. I eat my apples and carrots every day. I don't drink pop at the farm (with people offering it to me, repeatedly). I don't eat seconds. I AM HUNGRY ALL THE TIME, but I'm sticking to it.

Motivation is strange.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:19 am