Nerd Fitness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best six doctors anywhere And no one can deny it Are sunshine, water, rest, and air Exercise and diet. These six will gladly you attend If only you are willing Your mind they'll ease Your will they'll mend And charge you not a shilling.

2 posters

Not bad for a bunch of cans

Kyrose

Not bad for a bunch of cans Empty Not bad for a bunch of cans

Post  Kyrose Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:13 pm

Last night at 10 i realized i had nothing made for lunch today. We also decided that shopping could wait until the next day. This left me without the ingrediants for my standard pasta sauce, or stew. It was time to invent.

So i thought, ok, whats simple and quick. answer: a tomato sauce. Ran to the pantry, and found a red onion, 1 tin of tuna, 4 tins of herring, and a big tin of diced tomato. Perfect.

Right away i fried up the onion, added some olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika (i'm sure i didnt spell that right). After it was nice and soft, in went the tomatos, a bay leaf, oregano parsley and basil, a cup of water and a quick splash of our fancy balsamic viniger. I let it reduce down until it was about as water as the pre-water mixture appeared, then added the tuna, one tin of herring, and the last bit of smoked salmon i had in the fridge. 5 minutes later, all was good, and i started to divide it into 5 portions.

Total time from realizing i had to make something to having a fully cooked and somewhat nutritionaly balanced meal: 21 minutes.

Not to bad for grabbing what i had laying around.
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Not bad for a bunch of cans Empty Re: Not bad for a bunch of cans

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:05 pm

Tomato sauce with fish is AWESOME. Smile Do you add noodles, or just... eat sauce?
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:19 pm

I lack a large pot to do up larger batches of pasta in, so each morning while i do my cardio i put on some water. by the time my cardio is done, its boiling, and i drop in 50g of pasta (the suggested serving size of 85g is just to many calories at 340), and only cook it halfway. then i put it ontop of my frozen pasta sauce, and let it all finish cooking in the microwave at work. good way to avoid soggy pasta.
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:21 pm

That is pretty neat.

This week I've got 1-cup containers of sirloin stew. Is AWESOME, and made entirely of leftovers.
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:23 pm

that sounds excellent. HORRAY FOOD!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:15 pm