Nerd Fitness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best six doctors anywhere And no one can deny it Are sunshine, water, rest, and air Exercise and diet. These six will gladly you attend If only you are willing Your mind they'll ease Your will they'll mend And charge you not a shilling.

2 posters

Kyrose's August 2009 workout log

Kyrose

Kyrose's August 2009 workout log Empty Kyrose's August 2009 workout log

Post  Kyrose Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:35 pm

Monday did some misc. exercises throughout the day. Nnone of them really mattered, as the numbers wernt anything to write home about, save for me 55 SECOND PUSHUP PLANK!!!!

I was so close to a minute i could taste it... alas it was not to be. my arms simple stopped holding me up and i was forced to lay there for a few moments before I could really move again. Gonna try for the full minute tonight.
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Kyrose's August 2009 workout log Empty Re: Kyrose's August 2009 workout log

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:58 pm

Is plank arms bent?
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:11 pm

Standard plank is where your resting on your forarms, with your upper arms vertical. Pushup plank is where your at the bottom of a pushup, resting on your hands, forarms vertical, upper arms horizontal.
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:12 pm

Check. I Can do "standard" planks forever. Pushup planks... uhm... 3 seconds?
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:16 pm

ended up busy with housework and karate last night. didnt really do much working out.

Class was more frustrating than anything... I keep getting paired with a guy who just never quite gets it...

Maybe its a compliment? maybe its because they feel i have the best chance of helping him?

Or maybe its just because i've been paired with him so much that it becomes automatic... who knows.
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:10 pm

Last night was a bit of a bust. did however manage a 2.5K walk in about 25-30 minutes, which I thought was ok.

This morning was another story. Somehow my alarm got set ahead an hour... so when i got up to late to workout, it was infact when i initialy intended to get up anyway. So i did my "cardio" which has somehow changed from tabata burpees to burpees for time. managed 50 in 3min58seconds, shaving 5 seconds off my old record. go me? Breakdown was 26-12-6-3-3. As allways with this type of exercise, i'm trying to do more reps in the first sets and less in the later sets, slowly transforming it into a one set deal. all i need to do is re-allocate those 3 reps, and i shave about 15 seconds of rest time off.

I followed that up with pulls. did them a bit differant than normal.
    3 n.g. pulls, 10 second rest
    3 pulls, 10 second rest
    3 chins, 10 second rest
    2 n.g. pulls, 10 second rest
    2 pulls, 10 second rest
    2 chins, 10 second rest
    1 n.g. pull, 10 second rest
    1 pull, 10 second rest
    1 chin

Total was 18 reps. not exactaly a good number, but enough for me for now. i want to resume training for my ultimate goal of being able to do 20 chins 20 pulls and 20 n.g. pulls in one set each throughout the day.

Didnt bother with anything else, as tonight i have class, and since its self defence grading i may actually need my body to do as i say.
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:12 pm

I... was up until 3am, and have a double ear infection.

Stop making me look bad! Smile
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:56 pm

Last night i had class. Went well, didnt end up actually doing the grading (big surprise there Razz ).

This morning i was to sore to move, so i opted not to. wasnt happy with what the scale claimed, so i'll definatly be doing more this evening. maybe some yoga added to the mix to help me regain mobility.
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Weekend was a bit of a bust. Ate somewhat horribly (altho the invention of the greek burger was well worth it). Exercise was Light as well.

Saturday moring got up early to go learn how to climb poles with my dad. spent about 20-30 minutes walking up and down and all around them.

Sunday morning 20 minutes of cardio for 412cal.

Today i went to start my burpees for time. problem was isntead of setting my phone to stopwatch i set it to timer. it started beeping at me after 1 minute and i ended up calling it quits. 25 burpees in 1 minute.

Tonight i might try and get more in, but its our strata's AGM so might not have time.
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:33 pm

Thursday aug 13

Today i managed to pull my ass outta bed right away (only one snooze!) and did my burpees.

25-13-8-5 for a total of 51 in 3 minutes 51 seconds. somehow lost count on that last set, but nothing wrong with doin a bit extra. Still shaved a solid 7 seconds off my old record, even with the extra rep.

Lungs arnt happy with me, and i keep coughing up some form of thick slime, but i'm sure its all good.

Last night it was a quick but awesome yoga video. CJ got this DVD with 5 20 minute routines, so we tried it out last night. no bullshit, its just pose to pose to pose with no stopping.
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:46 pm

Class last night. Rick was up, Larry's wife from japan had friends visiting, one of whom is a blackbelt in judo. Good class. LOTS of breakfalls. Feeling pretty broken this morning. Larry got promoted to Sensei.

Arggg... Me neck hurts!
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:01 pm

Yay Larry!
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:45 am

Sorry for the lack of updates. things have changed.

I now work a very physical job. Since Tuesday I've dug ditches, installed thousands of square feet worth of sod, and mudded/taped a 3 bedroom basement suite. I'm presently working 50 hours per week like this. As such, I'm allowing my body to adjust for a bit.

I will probably resume working out after the first weekend in September. Between now and then, i have many many hours of grueling labor to look forward to, as well as moving the contents of my apartment out into a storage locker, then from said storage locker to my new place in Van.

On the bright side, after 4 days of this job I'm down 2lbs. At this rate i could potential be at my goal of 185lbs within a few weeks.

From there, My plan will be to do everything in my power to work my relatively under developed legs. well past time for them to catch up.

Cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 am