Nerd Fitness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best six doctors anywhere And no one can deny it Are sunshine, water, rest, and air Exercise and diet. These six will gladly you attend If only you are willing Your mind they'll ease Your will they'll mend And charge you not a shilling.

2 posters

Platitude Of The Day

Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Platitude Of The Day Empty Platitude Of The Day

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Tue May 26, 2009 4:17 pm

"The difficulty ahead of us is not so great as the power behind us."
    Kyrose

Platitude Of The Day Empty Re: Platitude Of The Day

Post  Kyrose Tue May 26, 2009 5:26 pm

good old inspirational words. they never let you down. unless of course they involve flying like a bird. last i checked that does let you down. be sure to not attempt anything they recomend when more than a few feet from the ground.
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:38 pm

Has it really been more than two months since I started this thread?

Pleh.

Motivation waning again, but this one is all my fault. Wednesday, I went to a Clutch concert, and completely let myself go. Yes, speaker-moshing in 45 degree temperatures for four hours burns a lot of calories, but it is amazingly taxing on the body. My back got racked up beyond belief from my hips to the top of my head, my throat hurt from screaming along to each of the songs, and I had a pounding headache as my body tried to process and expel a nearly lethal amount of alcohol and... other substances.

Thursday was Fast Food Gut Bomb Day.

Friday was Almost Back On Diet, But Eating Twice As Much Day.

Saturday, except for the milk intake of almost two liters, is on-diet. Tuna, corn soup, oniontoast. Fairly low-cal, low-fat, good on the nutrients. I am craving protein and salt in ridiculous amounts, hence my milk intake (and nommy fried onions on EVERYTHING), but I think I'm back on track.

I haven't used the elliptical in over a week (almost two). After missing two days, I just didn't have the motivation to get back on it. The kids were sick, so I wasn't sleeping, so I didn't wake up in the morning. When I did wake up in the morning, I thought "I'm sore, I'll just check my email". So I did.

I lost sight of the goal again. I'm dimly aware of it, but unless I keep replacing that carrot on the stick, it's just not appetizing enough to keep me walking. The mule doesn't want a small, rotten carrot... the mule wants something juicy and delicious. Unfortunately, it's hard to convince the mule that the carrot is better than a Burger King Steakhouse burger (which intellectually I know is pathetically bad for me, but viscerally makes me drool even now).

Along with my Nutrition thread where I document all of my food intake (even the bad stuff), and my blog where I post Something That Makes Me Feel Good every single day, I'm going to use this thread for sort of daily affirmations. Not quite Stuart Smalley stuff, but things that keep me going, or used to keep me going.

It might not be daily, since there's only so many ways I can say "I want my old friends to look at me and say 'Holy shit, is that you, Topper?" since that's a major part of it. I suppose I should find some way to outline my goals...

... on second thought, I'm going to start a new thread. Thank you for listening to me, Internet. You always know just what to say.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:28 am