Nerd Fitness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best six doctors anywhere And no one can deny it Are sunshine, water, rest, and air Exercise and diet. These six will gladly you attend If only you are willing Your mind they'll ease Your will they'll mend And charge you not a shilling.

2 posters

Frequency Of Eating

Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Frequency Of Eating Empty Frequency Of Eating

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:00 pm

A side effect of consuming a meal of apples (~120 cals) carrots (~40 cals) and whey powder in skim milk (~250 cals) is that, even though there's 6oz of each, my hunger was abated IN ABSOLUTELY NO MEASURABLE WAY! I'm hungrier now than before I ate.

I know the "eating small meals every three hours" plan is well-known, I would like to know if 2.5 hours, or 2 hours, after is ok to eat again. If I do eat sooner, should it be apples and carrots again? What will that do to my metabolism?
    Kyrose

Frequency Of Eating Empty Re: Frequency Of Eating

Post  Kyrose Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:16 pm

Well, when you think about it, by volume what you "ate" was what, 90% water? 95%?

I'd suggest some oatmeal. I allways found that worked.

As for frequency, here is what i do.

Breakfast of cereal with milk, or eggs and toast

snack of protein and good fats

lunch of 1/4 meat 1/4 carb 1/2 veg

spend the 5 hours between lunch and dinner snacking on a pecie of fruit (1!! peice), a salad (one 2" tall gladware container full) and a protein shake.

Dinner is 1/2 veg, 1/4 meat 1/4 carb

desert is normaly a small (picture what you have in your mind and half it. now half it again.) bowl of ice cream, or (key is or, not and) maybe some strawberries, or if i'm feeling like a glutton, a bowl of air popped popcorn (1tsp butter)

At the longest, i go 2 hours without food. with the exception of between desert and sleep (usualy 4-5 hours).
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:17 pm

Hmm.... I must ponder.

So another apple might not be out of the question? So far today I've just had the breakfast whey shake, coffee, crab-dip and crackers, apple and carrots and whey, and I dunno WHEN dinner is tonight. Apple and a handful of carrots, or apple and a can of sardines, or... carrots and something?
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:38 pm

You need to start having a much larger breakfast man. at least 300 calories, and if you have time closer to 500.

Think about it like this.

%calories used Time of day meal name % used for meal
    30 8am breakfast 30
    35 10am snack 5
    60 12pm lunch 25
    65 2pm snack 5
    70 4pm snack 5
    95 7pm dinner 25
    100 8pm desert 5
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:53 am

That was just breakfast this morning. I usually have a bowl of oatmeal or cereal, in addition, or of I don't eat at home, my first meal is tuna and crackers. I should have more eggs in the morning, we have 3 dozen in the fidgerator.
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:44 pm

I've discovered a quick, simple, and very tasty egg recipe. Take 3 eggs, put in a microwavable container. Add equal parts salsa. Add 1-2 stoned wheat thins per egg, crumbled up. Microwave till cooked.

solid serving of proteins, fats, nutrients, and carbs.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:33 am