Nerd Fitness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best six doctors anywhere And no one can deny it Are sunshine, water, rest, and air Exercise and diet. These six will gladly you attend If only you are willing Your mind they'll ease Your will they'll mend And charge you not a shilling.

2 posters

Creatine - Yay or Nay?

Poll

Creatine?

[ 0 ]
    Creatine - Yay or Nay? Bar_left0%Creatine - Yay or Nay? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 0
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Creatine - Yay or Nay? Empty Creatine - Yay or Nay?

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:57 pm

What is the general consensus on creatine supplements? I've gotten a lot of conflicting information from a lot of different places.

Other than being linked to rare cases of lower leg compartment syndromes, proper use seems to be almost universally beneficial, especially to people who do not consume fresh meat daily (this has become me).

Hydration shouldn't be a problem, given the rate at which I consume water lately.

Amusingly, it is also indicated that consumption with high-GI carbohydrate sources at the same time is most beneficial, and a quick look at high-GI carb food charts place my 'whey Krispies' right at the top.
    Kyrose

Creatine - Yay or Nay? Empty Re: Creatine - Yay or Nay?

Post  Kyrose Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:10 pm

Creatine can be useful... But then again it can be a waste of money. Claims are it helps you build muscle faster. Way way back, 8 years or so ago, i was in pretty good shape. I started going to the gym with a buddy of mine who was about 20% stronger than me overall. He was on creatine. Over the next 6 months we both made amazing gains. He managed to become about 10-15% stronger. I managed about 20.

Could be that if neither of us were on creatine, he would have gained less. He's half japanese, and well... i'm half scandinavian. I had the genetic advantage, so i'd say our gains were fairly comperable, with him even getting a slight edge. But in the end, if your looking at a percent or two... is it worth the money each month? Thats upto you to decide.

I'm a firm beleiver that if your eating right, sleeping right, and drinking enough water, its a complete waste of time and effort. if one of these factors is missing, it can help you compensate.
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:18 pm

Hmmmm, allrighty.

It's on sale, and I'm willing to give it a shot (works out to about $0.26 per day, so it's not a HUGE expenditure).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:17 am