Nerd Fitness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best six doctors anywhere And no one can deny it Are sunshine, water, rest, and air Exercise and diet. These six will gladly you attend If only you are willing Your mind they'll ease Your will they'll mend And charge you not a shilling.

2 posters

Garbage In... (Food Log)

Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Garbage In... (Food Log) Empty Garbage In... (Food Log)

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:47 pm

Breakfast

1 large coffee with real cream (we had some leftover)
    1 small coffee with fake cream
    1 small can tuna
    3 stoned wheat crackers
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Garbage In... (Food Log) Empty Re: Garbage In... (Food Log)

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:30 pm

Whey shake (strawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwberry!)

And going for my walk to buy MORE whey, and some Chunky Soups (THEY BROUGHT BACK MY FAVORITE FLAVOR!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:56 pm

How is the strawberry? Which brand? nutriton stats?
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:22 pm

Uhm... Exact? It's one of the brands at Extra Foods / Superstore. The taste is awesome, and it's the usual 170 calories per 24g protein quantity, + whatever your mix medium is (skim milk for me) so it works out to 300 calories and 33g protein since milk is chock full of protein, too.
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:14 pm

Might need to try that stuff out once i'm done with my chocolate stuff.
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:32 pm

Food Log : June 5th-7th

Basically a waste. Everyone was sick, all I wanted was water and salt so there was a lot of convenience food. I was outside and walking in the staggering heat ALL DAY both days so I know I worked some of it off, but it wasn't a nutritious weekend.

Today, tuna (with leftover ranch just to get rid of it) and crackers, coffee, multivitamin. Whey SHake at 11:30, then my walk, and beans in the afternoon, and dinner tonight = unknown. Baseball night, so probably soup and sandwich. Probably deviled eggs for an evening snack (fairly healthy, I use half-fat mayo and not much of that).
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:43 pm

Sounds good man. Keep up the good work
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:54 pm

In order to better help with the crushing hunger I feel at lunchtime, I am moving my whey to 2:30, AFTER my walk, and having beans now. It's always a struggle to get to t 2:30 without snacking, I tthink this is probably the cause. Not nearly enough food in the mornings.
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:46 pm

Could be.

I beleive the split is roughly 30% for breakfast, 10% for snack, 30% lunch, 10% snack, 20-30% dinner, 0-10% snack, sleep.

theory being, when your asleep your body is trying to repair itself. if your digesting at the same time, it doesnt do an effective job of either task. better to get the bulk of your food in by the end of lunch, then eat light the rest of the day, and avoid food within 4 hours of sleep.
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:07 pm

Been taking too much time off. Too much stress between two jobs, three kids, money woes, coaching baseball, messy house... pleh. I still stick with my diet until about 3pm, but then I either compulsively snack, or eat too much at dinner, then compulsively snack.

Got a can of whey powder on clearance for $4 (down from $33) so that's my breakfasts at home now. Still having my tuna / beans / whatever at work (<500 calories per, ~20g protein per) and trying to cut back on coffee (tomorrow... I went to bed at 3:45 last night, so I need coffee today). I need to find a way to wake up in the morning and make it stick, so I can start using the elliptical more than 3 minutes per week.

Today:

Whey powder in skim milk
    Coffee w/ sugar and skim milk (x2)
    Little can tuna, 5 crackers
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Something that might work for you is intermitent fasting. I personaly dont agree with it, as i've allways been a fan of the eat little meals all the time meathod, but if you cant resist eating, then a 2/24 system might work for you. Its where your only allowed to eat for 2 hours of the day, which must be together, but you get to eat as much as you want. theory being it keeps your body in constant stress from the starvation then feast setup, which in turn trains your system to switch between fat stores and carbs alot more efficiently. also, your probaly only going to get one meal out of the day. if its reasonably healthy, theres no way you can fit more than you should be normaly eating in a whole day during one sitting.

dunno, it might be easier for you than the constant temptation of food.
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:34 pm

And when i think about it... i know a ton of skinny gamers who skip breakfast and lunch, then order and eat a whole large pizza around 7pm, then dont eat the rest of the night. I beleive the setup is called the warrior diet or some such thing.
    Shipwrecked Dictator
    Shipwrecked Dictator

Post  Shipwrecked Dictator Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:41 pm

I used to be on a similar diet, because if I skip breakfast, then I'm not actually hungry at lunch, but then around 3pm I start eating, and keep it up right until bedtime. I'm not sure how the 2/24 would work for me, but you are right about one thing: I have noticed my stomach has shrunk, I CANT physically eat as much at one sitting as I used to be able to. I do know I'd be cranky as all get out, though, if I had to not eat the rest of the time.

I am trying to create a whole comprehensive sphere of planning and motivation right now, based off of "One Year Of Your Life".
    Kyrose

Post  Kyrose Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:52 pm

I beleive the real trick with that diet is you can only eat the one meal, and nothing else. no snacking, no desert an hour or two later, just that one large chunk of food. havent read this "one year of your life" thing. i'll check it out.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:59 am